We are at the final stages of preparing for our pilgrimage to Poland and there is a lot going on. Passports and visas are being finalised, packing has begun and some of our pilgrims will leave as early as this week to travel around Europe before meeting us in Warsaw.
There will be 10 pilgrims from the Northern Territory and we are from right across the Territory! It is wonderful to see so many of our parishes represented… our group is as follows:
- Olivia Rose – OLSH parish, Alice Springs
- Joel Tolentino – OLSH parish, Alice Springs
- Bon Gerard Timaepatua – St Therese’s parish, Wurrumiyanga, Bathurst Island
- Belinda Pereira – St Therese’s parish, Wurrumiyanga, Bathurst Island
- Kirby Heath – St Joseph’s parish, Katherine
- Ladan Moraldi – St Mary’s Cathedral parish, Darwin
- Jessica Musgrave – St Martin de Porres Aboriginal Community, Casuarina
- Troy Mardigan – St Francis Xavier parish, Nauiyu
- Fr Pat Mara msc – St Therese’s parish, Wurrumiyanga, Bathurst Island
We have had a couple of meetings (via skype and facetime) which has been wonderful, but we can’t wait to all be in the same place which will only happen in Warsaw.
Our pilgrimage is not only made up of pilgrims from the Territory – but from Brisbane and Rockhampton diocese as well. And so the leadership team for the Diocese spreads even further around the country. Here we are having a recent meeting.
At our meeting we talked about an Icon or Image that we could take with us on pilgrimage, and we decided on the Aboriginal Madonna, which hangs in the St Mary’s Star of the Sea Cathedral in Darwin.
With so many final details still being sorted out, there is a real sense of needing to be surrounded in prayer – so if you are reading this, could we ask you to please offer up a prayer for the 46 pilgrims from Darwin, Brisbane and Rockhampton that will journey together to Poland. With many thanks. May God bless you.
Jedziemy do Polski!!!